KnittingEm

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ava's Sweater




I am creating an adorable Fisherman sweater for my cousin's cute baby, Ava. She is probably going to be a year before it fits but since she has one that my mother made for her, it will be perfect. I saw a cute cable knit sweater in an old Knitter's Magazine that had hearts on it. I thought about using hearts and found this interlocking heart pattern that seemed more sophisticated. I am using Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran which is so soft and nice but perhaps not for a new mom. Oh well! You have to learn how to take care of hand knits at some point.

FYI : I did not make the sweater that I have on. I bought it at Value Village for about nothing.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Where did you find that cable pattern? I would like it on a sweater for myself.
I just finished a scarf in that yarn. In fact, I will post it tonight. It is really nice, isn't it.
Lucky Ava.
I have a niece named that too, hip hip hurrah for babies' named Ava!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

Love the green sweater, I'm glad you told us the maker--or the source, rather. And I'm very glad you figured out that cable pattern!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger KnittingEm said...

I found the cable in an old stitch book that my grandmother gave me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home